Whats good pump-heads? This is true shreducation right here. I’ll give you a quick overview and after reading this, you will know everything you really need to know. You’ll have a solid basis forever. I will show you how to lose fat and build muscle forever. Have those three numbers in mind and optimise the process by getting the EATC ingredients in your life.
This mindset should be ingrained in every pump boy or top athlete out there. Let’s pause the trash talk and get some fact flow going.
The only NUMBERS you need to know (Deficit Iso Surplus)
Since we are all completely individual in our physique, sports biography and metabolic rate etc. all of that changing every second we live, YOU have to know YOUR right numbers at every moment.
I DO NOT CARE about all the voices that cry that it is possible to lose fat and build muscle at the same time. OF COURSE is it possible. I did that with excessive intermittent fasting 2 years straight. All in a caloric deficit. It was a cool experience but I’m glad its done. This is about the BASICS and the RIGHT MINDSET. THERE ARE NO TRICKS. When you start lifting and eat healthy, your body will transform itself in a matter that is too awesome to be true, no matter in what state you are in (Deficit, Iso or Surplus). In the beginning the numbers determine only a tendency, but as you progress this mindset will be your bread and butter.
Just accept the following facts: In the long run (4+ weeks) the numbers (Deficit Iso Surplus) tell your direction of progress.
Lets start from scratch.
Get the app MyFitnessPal and it will explain whole blog entries from other sites in 3 swipes. Welcome to the future.
Number 1: Deficit – (HOW TO LOSE FAT AND BUILD MUSCLE AT THE SAME TIME 1)
Your caloric deficit. Just that. Get to know YOUR number of calories to be in a caloric deficit. In a deficit, your body will lose body mass. Fat mass AND muscle mass. You want to maximise the fat mass and minimise the muscle mass loss.
- Constant stimulus on the muscle e.g. 3 times full body, or 4-5 times split training per week.
- Train heavy (6-12 Reprange).
- Protein intake high. At least 2,5g/kg or more if you respond good to protein.
- Take your time (-300kcal) or go hard and very low (-700kcal) with the kcals, prevent metabolic fu!kup in both instances.
- Do intermittent fasting.
- Take iodine, selenium and L tyrosine to keep your T3 burning.
- Take L carnitine to improve fat oxidation.
- Take tryptophan because it preserves proteins in your blood.
- Take citrulline malate because it lets your body stay anabolic because of the NO.
Number 2: Iso 0 (HOW TO LOSE FAT AND BUILD MUSCLE AT THE SAME TIME 2)
Your isocaloric state that means, the caloric intake where you eat just as much calories as your body needs. This is a utopian place, because your body is doing one thing or the other (gain mass, lose mass) all the time. Only the degree varies. Plus, your body wants to stay in the body composition it is set in. For example: If you run +100 kcals for a week, chances are you are not gaining any weight, because your body is just regulating your heat up, you unconsciously take the stairs or walk more etc.
HOWEVER, you still want to know your kind of Iso number to be able to play with your caloric intake and say stuff like “im -900 kcals for 3 days now, the shred is REAL”. Yeah, -900 kcals of what? Of your Iso.
So thats basically your BASELINE.
Fun fact: When you gain weight (fat or muscle mass), your baseline goes up! Fu!king awesome.
When to go “Iso”?
- Kind of never, it’s biochemically impossible to know your exact intake and kcal burn.
- You can flow in the iso range, when you are stressed out and/ or just want to enjoy life like a normal person.
- When you are happy with your physique and want to stay at that level (haha, utopia again).
- Lifting heavy, going hard plus going Iso is most of the time shredding.
Number 3: Surplus + (HOW TO LOSE FAT AND BUILD MUSCLE AT THE SAME TIME 3)
Your caloric surplus. Get to know YOUR amount of calories to be in a caloric surplus. In this state you are gaining body mass. Fat mass AND muscle mass. You want to maximise your muscle gains and minimise your fat gains.
- High and constant stimulus on the muscle, this is the time to do your 5-6 bodybuilding split.
- Heavy weights, true mind muscle working, time to shine!
- Go high with the carbs before the workout to optimise pump and get the top stimulus on the muscle.
- Stay in a small caloric surplus (+300 kcal). You are not building muscle that fast, boy. Beware the scale.
- Go high protein 3-4g/kg to really kick that overall growth hormone release and blood plasma.
- Glycine and alpha GPC from the EATC System will do their GH release agent job, I promise.
- Take calcium with meals to block influx of fat into your fat cells.
- Do some fasted cardio/ fasted HIIT if thats your thing to keep your metabolism high and shred some quality kcals in form of fat (don’t overdo the cardio). Walking around is awesome, too.
Dirty bulking sucks. It’s completely detrimental to our spirit and the longterm goal you are willing to achieve in fitness. There is almost no advantage to dirty bulking. Dirty bulking maximises muscle building AND fat “building”. Fat is so easy for the body to “build” because it’s just stored. Don’t be the guy who gets it all wrong and has to shred 12kg of pure fat after a bulk. See Number 1: Deficit -, why that fu!king sucks.
Theres only pain and overall sadness. Be strong, dude.
Your goal is to MAXIMISE your longterm muscle mass and MINIMISE your longterm fat mass. Thats it. Give yourself time and change your lifestyle.
“The hardest thing to do is bulk when you can be shredded. This is true sacrifice for a higher cause.”
To recap, these are the top supplements that help you to build muscle and lose fat at the same time:
- , and